Filter kicking up sand everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 30g sw tank with a whisperer filter, nice and quiet but it kicks up sand on my rocks so my tank looks boring cuz my nice purple rocks are white cuz they get covered with sand. Want to start a reef tank but if this continues those dreams will be destroyed cuz i dont want a ashy boring reef tank! Should i get a new filter or could it be the sand?

I have issue with a sandy bottom freshwater tank. I just turned the flow down on filter so the returning water flow wasn't hitting into substrate. Maybe move the filter on the back to another area of tank?

How do u guys keep sand with the hob filters. On my fw tank I had so many problems with sand getting into the impeller lol

Unless you have a cascading water fall out of the filter, I dont see why you would have problems.

Can you try raising the water lvl, would that help?

My penguin 200 has a little scoop on the end, directing water foreword, dose yours? Could you make something like this if not?

Thanks guys, i remembered i can raise it, ima try that first maybe that will help

Back
Top Bottom