Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a marine tank I'm about to set up with an external filter , shall I fill this with live rock and let that act as my filter media or shall I leave the current filter media in there

Andrew McFadden said:
What kind of external filter are you talking about?
Canister filter - no
Wet/dry/sump without a refugium - no
Refugium - yes

All I no is that it's called an eheim Ecco pro , with sponges black beads and browney coloured balls

Andyp said:
All I no is that it's called an eheim Ecco pro , with sponges black beads and browney coloured balls

Then its black and green colored right? If so its a canister filter so the answer to your first question would be no. How big is the tank? I try and steer people away from that type of filter with saltwater

Andrew McFadden said:
Then its black and green colored right? If so its a canister filter so the answer to your first question would be no. How big is the tank? I try and steer people away from that type of filter with saltwater

That's right yh , 130 litres , I've been told its ok but to make it better I can buy a uv piece that fits on to my filter pips

a uv light would make it better and a canister will work just not my preference. All you should need are bio balls and sponges witch sounds like what it came with

Andrew McFadden said:
a uv light would make it better and a canister will work just not my preference. All you should need are bio balls and sponges witch sounds like what it came with

Nice one cheers buddy

Back
Top Bottom