Filtration ! Need some advice please :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendans72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! I'm just beginning in salt water and I have a 275l tank that I don't want to drill! , I have a hob fuge that I intend to fill with chaeto sand bed and some live rock and the exit point wer it overflows in to the tank I will be putting a bag if purigen, and in the tank I'll have live rock and a couple of power heads! And a hob skimmer aswell would I need to run a hob filter ? Or would that be enough filtration ? Thank yous :)

I'd choose a hob filter to run media over a hob fuge. At that size chemical media will be more efficient than a fuge, just my $.02 though

I ran an aquafuge ps on my 30 gal. Worked great with cheato and a light. Dropped nitrates in no time.

I had a canister and skimmer in my 29g , my nitrate where always high,last week I move everything in a 70 g and ditch the canister and move on to cpr hang on refugium with live sand,cheto and LR ,everything looks fine at the moment.....
I think hob refugium, skimmer and LR should be enought...

I'd choose a hob filter to run media over a hob fuge. At that size chemical media will be more efficient than a fuge, just my $.02 though

Same .02

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom