Filtration System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sbreish5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a 75 gallon tank from the store the other day. It's a tank that they used in the store, and were getting rid of it for newer tanks. Anyway, the tank has 2 holes in the bottom corner for the filtration system. The holes are right next to eachother. I believe its for a wet/dry (trickle) system. The only parts that came with it is a piece of white PVC tubing, and a black plastic elbow piece. I'm not exactly sure how to set up the system, and i'm turning to you guys for help. I'd rather buy a complete system to hook up, instead of making my own. I've read a bunch of books and articles online, but i want to make sure i get it right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Woody

you can connect a sump or wet dry to that tank. the holes are just a way to bring water to and from the tank. it's up to you what you want to connect it to. pictures would be a big help here.

you are going to need 2 bulkheads for starters. they are fittings that screw into the holes on either side with a gasket in the center, so you can connect things to the tank and not have water leaking.

Back
Top Bottom