fin nipping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiddy6901

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a three striped damsel that has had his fins bit at.. I put him in a tank to himself but I was wondering is their a way to save him? He is still swimming just less and will still eat.. I love this fish I just dont know what to do. Ans will his fins grow back? (There is still fin there it didn't lose them all)

Fins do grow back. Can you tell us more about the system? There is usually a reason for bullying. Hopefully this is simply the fish re-establishing the territories and things will calm down.

if there are other damsels present it could be territorial or just dominance ,
damsels are little demons and never can be trusted , one day you'll go out and buy a high dollar fish , just to watch it get beat up by the damsels , yes for a five dollar fish they have nice coloring but is it worth risking all your other fish ?

Last edited:
Sometimes it helps if you take all your fish out re arranged your Rock work create new caves and homes ect.. And introduce them all back in at the same time that way no one has an established territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is a simple tank for my son it has a neon dotty, a clown fish, a red crap and some hermies, and I took the damsil out to put him in hospital tank. The tank has a couple of hiding rocks but that's about it. It's a 20 gallon tank

No that's just it... the damsil is the one who is hurt.. so I dont know what to do

Got him in a new tank.. I didn't think about clown fish being one.. thank y'all for the help.. do y'all know how long it will take for his fins to regrow

A couple of days to a week usually as long as nothing is messing with it now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom