Finally back to normal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,
After a huge battle this month...today I am declaring victory! My Hippo tang has been reintroduced to the main tank after a slight bout with ich. I treated him in QT with "Coppersafe". Of course while that was going on I was fighting with water quality issues that were caused by my reluctance to treat the tang with copper. I raised the temperature and lowered my salinity to about 1.017 in a failed attempt to ward off the first signs of ich. From my observations it looks that the temp and salinity change nearly decimated my pod population despite my efforts to change them slowly. I believe that caused the water quality to drop off and cause a big problem with cyano bacteria...After bringing my water back to spec. grav. of 1.025 @ 80 degrees and doing constant water changes...everything looks like its back to normal...Now for the question if anyone is still with me....lol...how long before my pod population starts to grow again....should I go buy some live sand at the rediculous LFS price? or should I just wait it out?? thanks
Travis

when i had a battle with cyano and did all the water changes i noticed pods on my front pannel of glass in around 3 days mabey 2 , it didnt take long.

There are certainly some in there...I can see them running around on the rocks at night...but not nearly as many as I used to see...If they came back that fast..I would be very happy! thanks
Travis

Back
Top Bottom