Finally, my 20 Gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and I finally hooked up the Osmolator ("full" version, not the nano)...only took me 3 weeks after getting it to get around to it. The setup was stupid simple, and this thing is great. Even in this small tank, the default settings work just fine, and it keeps my water level dead on accurate.

I know, right?!? :)

Now to find some nice blastos or acans and finish out this build. My LFS gets them occasionally, but the WYSIWYG items at LiveAquaria, Pacific East, and Vivid are all realllllly tempting...

Yeah, I am super tempted to make the drive down there and check them out. It's a 2 1/2 hr drive for me, and they're 2 hrs from my brother north of Baltimore. That's a lot of driving in one day for a couple of corals...

The acans are coming along nicely, even started spawning new heads (see a pic here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/acan-spawning-307934.html#post2931537 ). My duncans are kickin' butt, too. The torch and frogspawn are doing great, and the zoas are really going bananas.

63298-albums13650-picture66410.jpg

63298-albums13650-picture66409.jpg

I'm waiting on some nice birds nests and then that's it for now...

I haven't bought any yet, but I'm eyeballing some pieces from Pac East.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was just there Saturday and they had some very nice pink birdsnests. I was tempted

He's got some great stuff in stock, I'm hoping to see if he adds more to the Pieces of the Reef section, as that's where I got my acans which are doing awesome.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of birdsnest. I'm looking at phonape, pink, laser tip or skinny pete varieties at Pac East. Those have some great color to them. It's a tough choice :)

He's got some great stuff in stock, I'm hoping to see if he adds more to the Pieces of the Reef section, as that's where I got my acans which are doing awesome.

Honestly, I'm not sure what kind of birdsnest. I'm looking at phonape, pink, laser tip or skinny pete varieties at Pac East. Those have some great color to them. It's a tough choice :)

It really is.. So hard to just choose a couple when you want them all.

It really is.. So hard to just choose a couple when you want them all.
Yes, but at least my wife would be ok with me picking up a handful of them. I just don't want to crowd the tank out, since I've heard birdsnest grow like weeds.

On another note, I've been able to get my alk in line, was at 9.4 (up from < 7) when I checked it on Saturday. I've been adding 1/2 tsp of baking soda to my 2 gallon ATO every time I fill it up, and it's been gradually raising the level up. I figure now the alk and Ca levels are spot on and ready for some birdsnest.

Yeah.. That's why I've kept away from birdsnest. I'd like to try some, just since most of my tanks are nanos I don't just want them over ruled by a huge colony of birdsnest. Once I get my 55 up and running I'll try some there.

A few shots from tonight. A couple of spots of hair algae but otherwise doing great. Still waiting on the right birdsnests frags to appear.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1399421514692.jpg
    1399421514692.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 1399421525615.jpg
    1399421525615.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 1399421535433.jpg
    1399421535433.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 1399421545991.jpg