finally starting the 180 sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FDshoes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Due to a recent leak in my 90 my 180 build has gotten into high gear. For the most part it is almost ready to go.

2 questions if anyone would be kind enough to chime in.
1. UV or no UV? If yes running most of the time or only when a problem arises?
2. After doing a good deal of research I believe I am leaning towards 3 coral maxx II LED fixtures has anyone tried or seen them in person? They are from purely H2O.

First two are the remains of the ninety and last the new 180

ForumRunner_20111119_125116.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_125132.jpg

ForumRunner_20111119_125149.jpg

The lights I want to be able to house just abt anything.

Any input on those lights. Don't want to start a led v t5 vs MH debate. Just wondering if those are adequate lights for a reef? Purelyh2o.com coral maxxII

Lol yes it has but I haven't been in a rush work has been busy and the 90 WAS running well. So it kinda got pushed to the back burner.

But today if everything goes as planned I am going to start scaping and hopefully will have it atleast 3/4 full.

I may repair and keep it. I don't want to get rid of my lunar wrasse. Unfortunatly there is no way I could put him in the reef to destructive lol.

Fortunatly the only thing I have left to buy is the lights.

lol the lights are the biggest cost in a reef tank but that would have been my suggestion to go, keep it and repair it. i did that with a 35g that my cousin gave me. i've had it filled in my garage since the summer and no leaks. i've gotta bring it in though before the water freezes and blows up the tank :p

Yes you do Haha and yes they are but just got my new credit card interest free til feb 2013 so that is gonna make it much easier :p

Have u looked at those lights? I was thinking 3 if they are adequate. If price equals adequacy then they will be fine but unfortunatly it doesn't lol

probably. i personaly want to go with a cree DIY kit from rapidLED, i've seen some incredible par numbers with them

What price range are those in? The ones im looking at I think are 13-1500

for a 180 and a dimable fixture with daylight controller you're lookign at about $1000, and thats good enough for SPS and clams

Last edited:
That's not bad I will have to check into those.

Some progress today just waiting for more water.

ForumRunner_20111120_185835.jpg

I have 36x12" tank I have plumbed in to be ran as a fuge the water level will be just over 6" aprox 11 gallons. What should I have in there? Miracle mud, live sand/rock, various algaes(macro cheato...), pods? Suggestions on how much of each or anything different that should be added/removed?

Also what is my ultimate goal for gph thru the fuge? I know its supposed to be slow moving but how slow? I have a gate valve on the feed so I have complete control on how much flow can and will go thru it.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom