Finally: Uprading to 120g Reef - Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
hey unicorn, i know your not a fan of catch and release but i was on reefcleaners and saw this guy that could help with your algae problem
ReefCleaners.org | Clean Up Crews and Macro Algae - Pincushion Urchins*

That's the guy I have :) some call it tuxedo urchin

BTW coffee: as for the reactor I have not seen an improvement in algae (no surprise there, phos really must be zero), BUT my water looks much crisper and clearer... Definitely liking that

Attachments

• image-785893510.jpg
    image-785893510.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 92
I have a tuxedo urchin too, it's great how they pick stuff up and carry it. One time mine was carrying around the tank thermometer for a while.

Jsmith79 said:
I have a tuxedo urchin too, it's great how they pick stuff up and carry it. One time mine was carrying around the tank thermometer for a while.

Hahaha that's funny :) urkel the urchin carries around the snails and Radom stuff... Sometimes even GHA

Ok, maintenance day!! Did a PWC, washed filter sock and 2 baffle filter thingies. My salinity is somewhat low (1.024) so I turned off the ATO and will manually add saltwater to raise it slowly. Copepods are growing like crazy ever since I've changed my refugium light, which is good cuz I finally moved my mandarin over from the 30g to the 120g... She does eat live brine shrimp, but they don't last long here and I want her to be happy

Saw several very nice Mandarin yesterday at the grand opening of a LFS. I glanced but not for long because I knew I couldn't have one. :-(

sorry unicorn didnt know urkel was one of those.

what light do you have on your fuge now thats helping your pods grow? i need to duplicate that.

rdnelson99 said:
Saw several very nice Mandarin yesterday at the grand opening of a LFS. I glanced but not for long because I knew I couldn't have one. :-(

I know, my mandarin (we call her dragon lady) is one in a million... If she dies, not only will I be devastated, I also know I can not have another one :(

Well, since the PWC, cleaning filter sock and all the other filters Yesterday, my water had been super cloudy/milky... This is driving me nuts!!! First the algae, now this :,(

On the other hand: there is ZERO film algae now on my glass... Maybe the cloudiness is due to spores?

Milliners getting slowly better after 2 days. Still no film algae in glass (yay) but the other stuff is still there :(

Oh well, its not too bad

coffeetwitch said:
Getting better at all?

Well, I gave the GHA a haircut... It's getting paler but not disappearing.
The cloudiness is getting better, and NO MORE film algae! Dunno what happened, but it all seems good

Got a sun polyp!!! Finally... It's yellow, like yours... Is it in a good spot?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom