First ever tank need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAA123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone this is my first ever fish tank and im looking for some advice to starting. So far i have my tank which is a 80 gallon tank, I have a emperor 400 filter, a heater and thats it. Will i need a skimmer? What other things do i need? Any help is apreciated thank you.

It is kind of hard to answer the questions as to specific equipment until you know what types of things you want in your tank. Whether or not you will have corals, what types of corals, fish etc. Some things common to the needs of all saltwater tanks would be a hydrometer to test the salt levels, thermometer, test kits, salt, a good water source.
You need to decide what type of substrate you want, sand, crushed coral, bare bottom.
Decide if you want live rock as a filtration system or just a few pieces as decoration.

I agree before you do anything sit down and map out what kind of tank you want and do the research on articles on this website.

Back
Top Bottom