first fish options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnaflow

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey When I Set out to do my tank I Wanted clown fish. Nice bright ornage ones. I was in the pet store yesterday and I noticed they had Black and white clown fish on sale. http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/clowns/clowns.htm thats a think to them. well a pic at least. Now noramly there $25 canadian but now there $9 which is a good deal to me. I asked him why so cheap and he said becuase they breed them and there not doing that type for awhile so there clearing them out to make room for soem other ones I guess. I like the look of these fish but I want the ornage ones more. But what are your thoughts? Are these guys easy to keep etc? Also keep in mind my brother is settign up his tasnk so I could give them to him in a few months or so. What would you do?

well, it's not likely that you'll be able to add an "orange one" (false perc or the like) later if you get a "black and white" one. They will most likely not get along because they can be very territorial. So my advice is wait and get false percs or the like. I have one and I adore him.

IMO it sounds like you really arent sure. Make sure you really like something before making a purchase. I would hold out for a pair of false or true percs. I personally are waiting on a pair of true perc. clowns. I am partial to them :eek:

My first fish was a Ocellaris Clown. Very similar to the percs (I like the O. Clowns better), and are very hardy. If you want a pair ever though, you need to get them now and they need to be the same species. Its a bad idea to mix them, because you can and will have agression issues. Buy two of the smallest you can, and hope for a pair.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom