First loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well..here I am getting all full of myself.. offering advice to new members like I'm a seasoned vet or something...

Then.. Today during feeding time, I noticed I lost my first member of the gang.

My emerald Crab was upside down near his normal spot.

I'm thinking that maybe he starved to death. The tank is only a few months old and the only real visible Algae is on the glass. Diatoms are Long gone..

I'll keep an eye on things, but everyone else looks good.

Side note: I actually thought I lost a few hermits last week, but after a few searches (AA sick forum and google images) I realized it was just Molt remains floating around.

Oh well.. he was ugly anyway :(

no I'm not sure.. it's wedged in the rock so I can't get to it right now..

It sure looks like a complete crab though. I know I was fooled once already with a Hermit Molt.. I'd be really excited if this was a molt too..

I'll post more info as I search...

just an update.. I know you are all following this very closely.. :)

The Carcas or Shell (don't know yet) is completely wedged in a LR crevice(sp). I tried to poke it out and almost destroyed my entire aquascape. Maybe tonight somone from the CUC will dislodge it tonight.

Funny.. If it DID in fact molt.. it would have been under the new Lunar Lights I installed yesterday.. Curious if the nightlights triggered it?

Back
Top Bottom