First New Fish Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe its uncured live rock or live sand, this is really bizzare...

It may have pollutants in there, im just speculating at this point.

Live sand doesnt need to be cured

Maybe its uncured live rock or live sand, this is really bizzare...

The rock is already cured. This fish man came today and he said that he is going to bring something that instantly cycles the tank (even though it's been cycled before) and that fish stores tend to keep the salinity low, so I would have to acclimate them for about two hours, depending on how big the difference is. And I'm gonna get chromis from a different store on Wednesday so wish me luck! ??

I find it hard to believe a single chromis is making that much ammonia in a few hours to kill it. Especially since your testing has shown zero ammonia.

I find it hard to believe a single chromis is making that much ammonia in a few hours to kill it. Especially since your testing has shown zero ammonia.

Yeah but I have no idea what else it could be that's killing them ?

From what i understand, a seemingly perfectly healthy fish while at the LFS, makes it's way into the OP's tank and then dies in a short time. I would look to the OP's tank, and not the store it was bought from. I think it pretty much rules out that it was the store's fault.

From what i understand, a seemingly perfectly healthy fish while at the LFS, makes it's way into the OP's tank and then dies in a short time. I would look to the OP's tank, and not the store it was bought from. I think it pretty much rules out that it was the store's fault.

Well yea that's what we are looking into anyways. And I'm going to get the chromis from a different place this time, just in case.

Update: okay so my dad was trying to make the sump quieter. He was attempting to get rid of the vibration of the pump, but ended up breaking the top part of the plexiglass of the sump that stops the water from splashing all over the wood. So that means the pump has to be off for a few days until we can find a place that sells plexiglass that is safe for aquariums :p I put an air stone in the water so it doesn't turn stagnate. Do you guys know any safe plexiglass to use by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom