First New Fish Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay so bad news: one died I think he got picked on by others from a bruise he had on his head. Three are still swimming together in a group, one is in hiding, and I can't find the other one ?

Okay so bad news: one died I think he got picked on by others from a bruise he had on his head. Three are still swimming together in a group, one is in hiding, and I can't find the other one dde01

Pretty normal with chromis, sorry for your loss :(.....

Nice to see everything is working out, well except for that one fish :D

What you planning on stocking?

Thank you!!!
Im planning on having...

-chromis
-2 ocellaris clowns
-valentini puffer
-one spot Foxface
- maybe coral beauty or rusty angel
- snails/ urchins for cleanup crew

Do you think this is overstocked?

Thank you!!!
Im planning on having...

-chromis
-2 ocellaris clowns
-valentini puffer
-one spot Foxface
- maybe coral beauty or rusty angel
- snails/ urchins for cleanup crew

Do you think this is overstocked?

Sounds good, my flame angel almost killed my clowns, even though they were in the tank for 6 months before him. Moved em to the 20 for their own good. It was probably the color though.

No, they do not. Meanwhile, that fish doesn't look like it was attacked.

Honestly, it's hard to tell in the picture, but you can tell in real life. Anyways, there is another one dead with purple marks on it's tail this morning, and my mom said that she had seen one pick on another once :( So far three are swimming around in their group and one is hiding. I've read stories of chromis being aggressive towards one another.

Sounds good, my flame angel almost killed my clowns, even though they were in the tank for 6 months before him. Moved em to the 20 for their own good. It was probably the color though.

Sorry about your clownfish! And I ws thinking about getting the flame, but they are kinda expensive and less harder then the rusty and coral beauty I've heard.

Sorry about your clownfish! And I ws thinking about getting the flame, but they are kinda expensive and less harder then the rusty and coral beauty I've heard.

I have never seen a clean rusty or coral beauty, they ALWAYs have ich whenever my lfs has them, i have 5 different lfs that gets them in. But they are beautiful fish, i would set up a QT and have copper at the stand by for one of those. My flame showed signs of ich but he was in QT so it was no worrie, make sure you pic the right one!

I have never seen a clean rusty or coral beauty, they ALWAYs have ich whenever my lfs has them, i have 5 different lfs that gets them in. But they are beautiful fish, i would set up a QT and have copper at the stand by for one of those. My flame showed signs of ich but he was in QT so it was no worrie, make sure you pic the right one!

Thanks! I'll make sure to look for signs of ich. Im planning to add it last anyways so I don't have to worry about it for a while :)

Back
Top Bottom