First salt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
think il order one befor i start and will the bubbles effect anything or will it be fine

nah my spray bar makes alot il just fully submerge it

not 100% sure yet I know I want at least on fish so im thinking of some type of goby only because im not sure on marine speices and a pair of pistol shrimp because im always watching them at my lfs and Il probaly end up with inverts only tho just because they seem to amuse me more dunno what would you recommend to a first timer

would I be able to add anything else in the tank or would it be pushing it(As in more inverts not so much fish tho another goby would be cool but they will probaly clash)

Some people would say yes you could but I woulndnt suggest it. Start small and once the tank is established then try pushing you luck. Things go bad quick in smaller tanks and good things well take what seems like forever. Lol as far as inverts go my cleaner shrimp is one of the most lively inhabitants in my tank! I put my hand in and the chopsticks comes out and cleans me. It tickles

kool well I might try and find a pistol pair I just think its cool to see a fish and invert working together and il have to have a look at cleaner shrimp

Ok todays the day im off to the lfs for some liverock the filter should be ok as its already in salt to 1.008 so should cope off to see if i can get a pistol pair and one clown wish me luck.

Im keeping the tank as is just because im lazy and adding some live rock But filter is awsome so not woried

Attachments

• image-4216937924.jpg
    image-4216937924.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 76
lamby said:
Ok todays the day im off to the lfs for some liverock the filter should be ok as its already in salt to 1.008 so should cope off to see if i can get a pistol pair and one clown wish me luck.

Im keeping the tank as is just because im lazy and adding some live rock But filter is awsome so not woried

1.008? Thats to low??

Nah thats what it was at for the bumble bee gobys that where in their sorry for confusing every one its at 1.023 now.

I added 4.5kg of live rock today and found a few o these worms can any one name them.

Attachments

• image-2959712553.jpg
    image-2959712553.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3213923248.jpg
    image-3213923248.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 67
I started my cycle using a yellow tail damsel they are hearty and can survive beginner mistakes I still have him a year later u can also add inverts they are totally different then fish and don't require as much space as certain fish do depending on the invert..like if u was to add anenomes ud need good light so it can feed from be very attentive to ur water parameters during ur cycle as u may see spike at any given time and be ready to do water changes I'd suggest u prep ur water in a bucket with its own heater a day ahead just so u can give it time to settle well...

Great quality of rock as I notice it has a feather duster on it I have a bunch of them in my tank including 2 huge ones

Elykreefs great job with ur aqua scape looks good very promising looking setup

Back
Top Bottom