first salt water tank need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pisces201

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had fresh water fish for years and always wanted to try saltwater fish but was kind worried bout keep them since i heard that they were difficult to keep but i figured i would put my fears aside and give it a try and since i have a extra tank i cant get rid of that also gives me a excuse to start it i was thinking about a coral reef tank with some small fish and some inverts right now im in the learning process of things picking up books and reading different forms online i figured if im gonna do it and have a successful tank i should do it right any info would be helpful thank you

Reef tanks can get expensive quick. bit it is very worth it and once there established there kinda easy just denver to only add supliments if you can test for it. My live rock alone for my 55gal reef cost 650 then you add lights filters pumps and livestock and all the other stuff im sitting right around 2000 for my 55gal setup!! But like I said very worth it

Yea i no its very expensive :( thats kind of what turned me away from it years ago but at that time but im willing to make this a slow project since most of the lfs around where i live dont really sell saltwater fish only the equipment so will help with me going fish crazy lol

Thats the same distance i have to face for saltwater fish so i will as that my break as breaks to keep me from going over board like how i did before when i first started freshwater

pisces201 said:
I have had fresh water fish for years and always wanted to try saltwater fish but was kind worried bout keep them since i heard that they were difficult to keep but i figured i would put my fears aside and give it a try and since i have a extra tank i cant get rid of that also gives me a excuse to start it i was thinking about a coral reef tank with some small fish and some inverts right now im in the learning process of things picking up books and reading different forms online i figured if im gonna do it and have a successful tank i should do it right any info would be helpful thank you

Haha wow dude that was one sentance!!
Good to know that you are doing research and reading books :) that will definitly help

Yea i no alot to read just wanted to give a full briefing so i can get the right advice lol

Back
Top Bottom