First Saltwarer Tank! BioCube 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, so I am finally ready to cross the line into marine. I am going with the 29 biocube due to available space. I have surfed the web and just get overloaded with differing opinions on getting started in salt. Are modifications necessary to this tank? If so which ones? And what type of maintenance will I be looking at besides water changes? What else will I have to purchase besides the tank, live rock and sand?

Thanks everyone!

Welcome! I would invest in a saltwater text kit and a refractometer for measuring salinity. I am not familiar with this tank but I assume it comes with lights etc? Where do you get your water from? The quality of your water is the most important thing :) do loads of research and ask loads of questions!

RO/DI unit. The LFS only sell RO water, if you start with pure good water, you shouldn't have algae later. IMO

Alright so it's been a couple weeks. Can someone shed some light on my biocubes water parameters:

Ph: 8.2
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: .25
NitrAte: ~15

Ammonia has already spiked, and so have the nitrites. Are these water signs for a water change? I was told not to do pwc during the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom