first sw tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
In 2-3 months i'm going to start a 20 gallon saltwater (I have to get $300 in alouance because i'm too young to work) i'm not going to put alot of coral in really i just want to start with anemones and small fish and then build up does anyone have tips to getting good deals on like protein skimmers and lights.

There was a guy on here yesterday talking about the BRS site and getting a discount..just search BRS on the forum..you should see it.

The lighting requirement for an anemone is the highest. You will have to spend a fair amount of money for a quality lighting system.

AVOIND MARINELAND REEF light. They are in no way reef capable. Just throwing that out there.

+1 on craigslist. That worked for me. Ended up getting a system about 6 months old for less than 1/2 of new price. Plus all the live rock and some fish for free

Do you already have the tank and nothing else? Tell us what you have and what you think you need. You could easily spend $300 on equipment before lighting :) anemones are not for beginners and need high lighting and excellent (stable) water parameters, most recommend 6months to a year wait before adding one. I don't believe you need a skimmer on that size tank but it would certainly help.

I'm actually moving in a month so right now i don't have anything and i only have $28 so i have a long way to go but do you know a way to get money fast (i'm to young to get a job)

Just slowly get thing by things because tanks can very expensive and if you want beginner corals try mushrooms or zooanthids

Back
Top Bottom