First time saltwater 29g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoryB

Aquarium Advice Activist
image-3168325315.jpg

Set it up two days ago been running the pump to clear up the cloudy water and I just dropped some shrimp in.

I need to get more rock but plan on adding that down the road. So far I have learned one thing hydrometers suck!!!!

Congraats man! I just started mine yesterday.....

Good luck it's only the beginning don't rush anything,do your research and most of all if you have questions there's plenty of people on here to help even if its the dumbest question :)

Thanks. I'm happy with it. I don't have any set plans yet doing research on a lot of stuff. But what I do know is I want to get some clown fish maybe 2. Looking at a lot of different fish. I Also plan on a few corals, maybe down the road an anemone. I am use to FW so I have to teach myself patience.

I will ask a lot of stupid questions so thanks in advance.

Yup, hydrometers suck! I learned that one too in the beginning. You need a refractometer. Best of luck, once you go salt you never go back!

Here is my first stupid question right now I have some live rock in the tank and it has purple coralline all over it I am going to add some base rock to it but I would like it to not end up purple what should I do? Do I get a different type of rock? Or is I just something that I have no control over?

Here is my first stupid question right now I have some live rock in the tank and it has purple coralline all over it I am going to add some base rock to it but I would like it to not end up purple what should I do? Do I get a different type of rock? Or is I just something that I have no control over?

That's stuff will grow on your glass, thermometer, heater, power heads etc.

I understand it will spread but how can end up with multiple colors?

The live rock I have in there is purple, deep purple. If I add base rock will that turn purple as well or is there a way I can get the rock to grow a different color coralline on it. I want all different colors not just purple.

Good morning everyone. What would be a good power head for my tank? Not sure I'm getting good flow with the stock pump. Was looking at a maxi-jet but reviews were terrible.

Good morning everyone. What would be a good power head for my tank? Not sure I'm getting good flow with the stock pump. Was looking at a maxi-jet but reviews were terrible.

Koralia nano's or a Vortech MP10. Anything else IMO will be bulky and not look right in the tank.

Again this is just my opinion.

Well decided on the nano mainly because 200+ for a power head is outrageous.

Should I go with the 240 or 425gph?

Surprise, another question.

I dropped a shrimp in my tank Monday after noon and have been testing every day but have not seen my ammonia get over .50ppm or my nitrites get over .25ppm they have been the same since day 2. Nitrates are at 0.

Is this normal, I know it can be a long process but it seems to have stalled.

Back
Top Bottom