First timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What my LFS told me was put 5-10 lbs of live rock in a tank with saltwater and hob and some other rock and a grow light. The stuff from the live rock will transfer over and multiple it takes 6-8 weeks I guess but ill do it couple pound at a time. And all u have to do is feed it a little and water change. She called it cooking.

Yeah but you still have to give the BB living conditions to grow in. Like stable temperature, oxygen, and all kinds if stuff. It can't sit in just random saltwater. By the way, make sure you use RO water.

The hob will provide the gas exchange and I will have a heater and I only use ro water even in my FW. Tanks. The lady I talked to today says that how she did all here live rock and she says its easy and will save u a lot of money. I figured I will save about $600.

Well I have plenty of time to take my time to do it. If that made any sense. If it works then ill be money ahead.

Here in Minnesota where I'm from live rock runs about $8/lbs and the rock I can use it $3/lbs and I was told a good ratio of live rock is 1 lb per gallon of water. That's works out to be about $1700 if u bought all live rock and about $600 ish if u make it urself. Huge savings.

Well bought a 40 gallon breeder tank to day. Gonna start getting stuff together and slowly but Sherlie I make my live rock. Kind of exciting...

Back
Top Bottom