FIRST TIMER-Stocking list HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theseainside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI everyone
its my first time i have recently perchased a 30 gallon tank and setting it up i have coprised a stocking list, and was wandering if u guys can help me out??

Stocklist: Vertabrates

1x Picasso Clownfish
1x Fire fish
1x royal Gramma
1X orange line chromis
1x Blue/green reef chromis
1x Mandarin Dragonet
1xMidas Blenny

INvertabrates

1x skunk cleaner shrimp
1x Bubble tip anneome
1x starfish of some sort havent yet chosen

will be a complete reef tank and this tank is high rather than long
pls help me out
sincerley Lionfish1998:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

first time marine and 30 gallons in total but is 72cm by 62cm wide and 39cm long.

Good times!! I have a green spotted puffer that I converted to marine from fresh, it's a weird way to transition, but it helped me to truly understand the differences between the 2. My puffer has a 30g (really it's a 40g tank, but I have a lot of live rock and sand) FOWLR all to himself (he kills EVERY tank mate), and I have a 10g nano reef I just restarted- watch out using algae fix if your tank isn't 100% cycled, warning from personal experience, I stalled my nite cycle and wound up with phosphate issues. Are you prepared for your first marine cycle?

HI everyone
its my first time i have recently perchased a 30 gallon tank and setting it up i have coprised a stocking list, and was wandering if u guys can help me out??

Stocklist: Vertabrates

1x Picasso Clownfish
1x Fire fish
1x royal Gramma
1X orange line chromis
1x Blue/green reef chromis
1x Mandarin Dragonet
1xMidas Blenny

INvertabrates

1x skunk cleaner shrimp
1x Bubble tip anneome
1x starfish of some sort havent yet chosen

will be a complete reef tank and this tank is high rather than long
pls help me out
sincerley Lionfish1998:fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1::fish1:

Welcome to SW!!
For a 30g, I would do 5-6 small fish, max. And that's if you're very good about doing PWCs every week. Parameters in a 30 can get out of whack quickly.
Mandarins eat only pods unless they are trained to eat other food, so wait until your tank has lots and lots of pods before getting it, and then still only if you're going to have refugium for the pods to reproduce in.
Love my skunk cleaner!!
If you're getting an anemone, wait a little while until your water parameters are stable. And you're goin to need very good lighting or it'll die.
Good luck with the tank!!

As already mentioned, Mandarins are difficult to keep. They are beautiful, but most don't make it, I'm not sure if the different Chromis will school, but Chromis tend to do better in multiples. Maybe add one more and see what they do.

Back
Top Bottom