First Tropical set up need help on temperature for my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi

Moving my temperate fish into a heated tank soon, I have 4 Danios, 2Platys and 3 white cloud minnows.

I have heard that the minnows and danios like slightly cooler temperatures, But I would like my Platys to be a little more comfortable hence why I am moving them into Tropical tank.
I have a coldwater tank 40gallons but is overstocked with temperate fish so they have to move out as my goldies althou still babies need their space to grow long term wise. So better to move now rather than later as I don't want my Oranda and Black Moor to get stunted. I am very keen to see these two get really big and live a long time I have only had them 4months,

What temperature would be a happy ideal and tolerable for all? and sizewise Tropical tank is 3ftx1ftx1ft stocking wise is 4danios, 2platys and 3minnows fully stocked or once set up would there be room to add a few more minnows and danios to help raise school for them?

Any advice on these topics is helpful

Emma

I will def go for a heater with a adjustable temperature gage so I could raise temperature slowly in new tank as my fish have been use to cooler temperature for 4months

Back
Top Bottom