Fish breeding project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so my friends and I are going to start a fish breeding business and I know a lot about it and stuff and I was wanting so opinions/advice on breeding fish. I have a questions right now I have a pair of picassos that aren't spawning because I don't think they are different sexes is it possible to take my big one and put it with a male regular occ. clown? Or will they fight?

If you don't know how to sex clowns idk if I'd be trying to start a fish breeding business. Like was stated research breeding them, it is very time consuming and feeding them is pretty time consuming. Are you just going to be breeding clowns?

I have done lots of resurch I know what I am talking about I know how to sex them my clownfish are the same size I know females are bigger than males and I know the feeding is time consuming I have seahorses and I feed my breeding fish every time I feed the seahorses

I have done lots of resurch I know what I am talking about I know how to sex them my clownfish are the same size I know females are bigger than males and I know the feeding is time consuming I have seahorses and I feed my breeding fish every time I feed the seahorses

Fair enough lol
Edit: I see you asked this same question about half a year ago. Are these still the same fish from then? Or a different pair?

Ok so it's doesn't matter what they are they will be ok?

As long as they're the same species no. Just watch for aggression if you do introduce them.

Why don't you just buck up and purchase a breeding pair of whatever you want and start breeding? They are available.

I have been looking for that but I can't find a reliable source to purchase from could you help me?

Are there any other fish that are easy to breed saltwater wise?

You can breed percs with ocellaris hence mocha clowns. However it is quite difficult

The mocha is a cross between 2 occ clowns (a b/w and a o/w). That being said, cross breeding certain animals is possible (eg mule), and with the clowns it is possible but difficult. The offspring will almost always be sterile as well.

The mocha is a cross between 2 occ clowns (a b/w and a o/w). That being said, cross breeding certain animals is possible (eg mule), and with the clowns it is possible but difficult. The offspring will almost always be sterile as well.

Oh you're right I got confused lol. Not all hybrids are sterile, actually a good number aren't.

So besides clownfish are there any other fish that are easy to breed?

Back
Top Bottom