Fish for 130 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Everett Adams

Aquarium Advice Activist
Scored on a 130 gallon tank. Know for sure i want to do a mandrin goby, yellow tang, 2-3 clowns, and a blue powder. What other fish would the pros recomend?

Hiya! Welcome to the forum!

Youve got a good start, though I wouldnt go too crazy on the tangs. :)

Is it a 5 or 6 foot tank?

Also, the mandarin will need a very very well established tank with lots and lots of pods growing to sustain it. Unless you get an ORA one and it happens to eat prepared foods I would highly and strongly urge you to have him be your last fish.

Also, you want only 2 clowns, 3 clowns not a good idea. They will pair up and kill off the third wheel. And four clowns doenst work real well either, I tried it in my 125g and it was fine for a couple months, but then all heck broke loose and I had to remove one set immediately.

Are you doing corals ever or just fish? That will also determine what fish you can get.

Will be doing corals. Thanks a lot for your post! Im kinda new to all this

Then you need to avoid angel fish and other coral eating fish. :) There are some awesome fish you can add, kinda just depends on what you like. I have gobies and blennies in every tank I own, kinda like a staple in my tanks. lol

And again, for reference how long is the tank, 5 or 6 feet?

There's exceptions to everythig in this hobby. Although jsmith is mostly correct, if you pair up and buy accordingly, a lionfish can be feasible. There are numerous types of lionfish though, which one are you lookin at? Volitan, radiata, fuzzy dwarfs?

Back
Top Bottom