Fish spawning question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off let me say that fish spawning is not one of my strong points in my fish keeping knowledge. I know absolutely nothing about it, other than that is the way fish reproduce. I guess I should have paid more attention in biology class. :wink: I have successfully bred african ciclids, but it was by dumb luck. The conditions were right and it happened. Now on to my question.

As some of you know I have a mated pair of maroon clowns. The last two days I have noticed the male has been fanning the sand on both sides of a rock. Now this is no where near their host leather but it is right by the spot that the male hangs out when the lights are on. My question is, could the male be preparing a spot for the female to lay eggs? I dont plan to try to successfully breed them, however I think it would be interesting to watch them spawn. I have heard of clowns breeding in tanks before. So anyone got any incite?

It could easily be preparing a spot. It could also be cleaning it's livng room :mrgreen: Are there any other behavoiral signs? They tend to stay close to the host when they spawn, but it is not written in LR.

Back
Top Bottom