Fish stress?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
When doing a water change are you suppose to take fish out??? And do they get stressed when doing a water change?

No...I wouldn't take the fish out. And depending on the water conditioner that you use to treat the replacement water, they should have a stress coat or other additive (maybe) to relieve the stress that the fish go through. I use a vacuum when doing PWCs, and the fish don't mind it so much anymore. I think they get used to it after a while.

Edit: I mean a gravel vac...not a vacuum...lol

I don't ever take mine out... That will areas even more.... And I rather them get Breyer quality than giin them a little stress when I clean the tank.... You can use some stress coat... I use that.... It also contains nutirents to dechlorinate the tap water when filling up the tank.....

Tayeloquin said:
No...I wouldn't take the fish out. And depending on the water conditioner that you use to treat the replacement water, they should have a stress coat or other additive (maybe) to relieve the stress that the fish go through. I use a vacuum when doing PWCs, and the fish don't mind it so much anymore. I think they get used to it after a while.

Haha we both replied the same thing at the same exact time lol

Back
Top Bottom