Fish Vs Nudibranch/snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. =) We have 2 little guys in our newish tank that look somewhat like this guy http://www.divegallery.com/nudi11pa.htm and we were wondering if adding a couple of damsels would be a bad idea? There aren't any fish in the tank yet, just some blue leg hermit crabs, snails, starfish and other variable hitchhikers we've yet to identify! We don't want our little guys mistaken for worms and eaten, I've grown quite fond of them =) They shrink themselves up small to sleep and when awake are seen very often checking out anything and everything in the tank and they aren't slow. =)

I seriously doubt the damsels will harm the nudi, but I wouldn't add the damsels for other reasons. Damsels are extremely territorial and quite aggressive at protecting their territory, if they are established in the tank, it is quite common for them to harrass new additions to the point of death.

Thanks =)

Ok, thanks. We basically were wondering if we'd have to wait for the little guys to get bigger before we put in fish(any time)... We didnt think about the damsels getting territorial, thanks for bringing that to our attention! =)

Back
Top Bottom