fishneedit.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billycat

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am just starting to set up my 46 gal. bowfront and was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used lights found at fishneedit.com? Are they a good reef lighting system or just cheap? anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller? If anyone knows anything about these lights I would love to be educated. Thanks

Well, I just looked at their website and I must say that they seem to be okay. I didn't see any name brand ballast, but the T-5 with moonlights had Three switches with three power cords and that's more power cords then I got with my unit. I had to wire in two cords so I could have complete control. Take it for what it is. You even had a choice of bulbs. Not bad...

Thanks for the response. I looked at bulkreefsupply and for a 36" T5 HO 4 bulb fixture it seems pretty spendy compared to a current nova extreme. I'll have to keep on shopping.

i have a fishneedit light. had it for a long time now and it still works good. It isn't the best light in the world but on a 30 Gallon, i have a 36" T5 4x39w fixture, like 2 years old now. Doesn't have individual reflectors, just one parabolic reflector. that is the downfall of it. eveyrhting else is fine with that fixture.

In my new setup though I am using halides. In the long run the t5 from there wasn't enough for my desires. fixture is still running and keeping anemones that split. soo... it works :)

hope that helps

Another note: UVL offers light bulbs with internal reflectors, so that might be an option when you have to replace bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom