flame scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrsfuller2572

Aquarium Advice Activist
LFS has flame scallops on sale and I was thinking of adding one to my little set-up. Anyone have any experience with them? Gal at LFS said that they don't live very long and are filter feeders.
Your thoughts and advice???

I've had one in my tank for the past month. I do not feed him separately as some recommend. No problems so far.

The only annoying thing is ithat t has been moving to the back of my tank where it can't be seen. I'm still trying to get it to affix itself to the rock in front of the tank where everyone can enjoy it.

It has attached itself twice, but both times it was in a poor location for viewing. Its back in front for now. We'll see. :lol:

I had one and a damsel killed it and started to eat it. He had to go back to the LFS. But yes they are filter feeders

Gal at LFS said that they don't live very long and are filter feeders.
Kudos to the gal at the LFS. Don't bother, they do not live very long and the amount of phytoplakton they need to survive can foul your tank quickly. Spend your hard-earned money on something more stable.

Back
Top Bottom