flame scallops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
are flame scallops hardy? would 2 true perculas, yellow tang, coral beauty, bar'd goby, fire fish, cleaner shrimp or a serpant starfish bother it?

lol we probably read it from a link that was posted by one of the very knowledgeable people here maybe they will repost and this time we can bookmark it :wink:

alrmc4 said:
lol we probably read it from a link that was posted by one of the very knowledgeable people here maybe they will repost and this time we can bookmark it :wink:
lol, i think i was here that i came acroos the link.

e-cat said:
are flame scallops hardy? would 2 true perculas, yellow tang, coral beauty, bar'd goby, fire fish, cleaner shrimp or a serpant starfish bother it?

I set up a saltwater tank in July and after it cycled, one of the first things I put in was a flame scalop.

Since then, I have gone through over 800 bucks worth of stuff that I have put in the tank, and then had it die. The only things that lasted (other than the blue hermits and the snails) was one blenney and my flame scallop.

I have transfered everything down in the basement into a 10 gallon nano reef, and that has been going for four weeks now, and the flame is still doing just fine.

Be sure to feed it every two or three days (directly in the mouth with a pipette) plankton. That's whay I do, and it has been doing just fine.

Also, DON'T MOVE IT!!!!! Let it find it's own place in the tank. It may find a place in the back, but that is where it wants to be. It will eventually move to a better place, but don't ever move it.

Hope this helps! These can be very nice to have, and from my experience, they are easy to care for. And if I can keep one, anyone can. I've killed everything else . . .

Todd

Back
Top Bottom