Floating SG/temperture gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay just a heads up so you don't make the same mistake. I had (notice past tense) flowing around in my sump. More so just to get a temp. reading just cross check with my controller. Well it broke and all of that mercury flowed into my tank. Every thing closed up. When I saw that I did a reading of all my water parameters and got ammonia 0, nitrite 0, SG 1.025, nitrates 0. I said "Oh heck" haha and did a hugh 50% water change since I had the water already made up and all was stable, Temp, ect...
That was yesterday...Today everything looks a good as ever...Be careful if you have one of these.

i had the same thing happen. as a matter of fact, i never knew it, but found out when i saw a zillion of those little steel balls attached to a magnet on a koralia. i was thinking the koralia magnet was rusting somehow, but under scrutiny, i realized it was those little steel balls at the bottom of the glass tube. it never hurt anything though.

Wow, what do you think made my animals clamp up?

Hmmm.... I do this very thing... keep a floating SG/thermometer in my sump bubble trap... no idea why - other than to use to double check the accuracy of my digital thermometer. Im going to go take it out now. :)

Last edited:
I just use to spot check and never leave it in the tank. Just so it doesn't break. They are not meant to be kept long term in a tank.

Back
Top Bottom