fluedised bed fillter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm4pm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
are fluedized fillters eny good ive been thinking of getting one to work with with my canaster fillter . what are your thoghts on this? ive got a three stage canaster which ive doubled up on size .

By bed filter I take it you mean gravel filter? If that's the case, I'd stay away. They're a headache. The stuff it filters is technically still in your water, and you have to remove all your substrate just to take the filter out and clean it.

Fluidized bed filters use pool sand or some other media. They can clog and need to have the sand replaced occationally. They were big years ago, but have fallen out of favor to DSB, skimmers, sumps, refugiums, etc.

was thinking of getting one my tank is quite full so adding more live rock i dont realy want .i thogth i could use one with my canastar to give me the biologicle filtration i need to fully stock my tank im not sure if i can fit a sump into my cabanet ive got a juwel rio 240 tank and cabanet.

Back
Top Bottom