Fluval 206

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
As anyone ever used this filter on a saltwater aquarium?
My friend just bought one for his 55 gallon and he thinks it will be enough but I don't think it will...what is everyone else's input on this?

I bought one for a 38 gallon with a 65 g skimmer and a 500 g circulation pump. I think that 206 is only rated for a 45. I'm a total noob but it seems low to me.

CudIHavBn said:
I bought one for a 38 gallon with a 65 g skimmer and a 500 g circulation pump. I think that 206 is only rated for a 45. I'm a total noob but it seems low to me.

Yeah I agree, to small...I read that it was only rated for a 40 gallon... He told me he found a good protein skimmer but he hasn't told me the name yet...it has to be very good to make up for the lack of filtration in the filter

I have a 205 running on a 20 gallon xtra high with a large pc of driftwood that disrupts flow, and I have some slow/dead flow areas here and there so I would have to say definitely too low flowing for a 55

The Fluval 206 is definitely too small. For better filtration he should get a 306 or 406.
If he gets the 406 he wouldn't have to change the media as often.

Yep, imma try and talk him out of it! I told him to just buy a sump but he wants to do his own thing

Back
Top Bottom