Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2019, 10:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Fluval Sea Evo Beginner Setup

I have kept freshwater aquariums, mainly cichlids for about 15 or so years now and looking into trying my first marine setup.

I want to try a nano setup using the Fluval Sea Evo basically because of its ease of setup and maintenance plus affordable price. Itís around 13.5 US gallons I believe, 52 Litres.

I plan on starting it as a fish only setup (may try growing some LPS once established and confident in my abilities) using live rock and probably Carib Sea live sand. This would be a specimen tank because of its small size so I would only really want to have 1 single fish and maybe some inverts. I was thinking a Pygmy wrasse but thatís dependant on availability in Australia. I know six line wrasse are readily available but they seem like one would probably get to large for this system? (Iím really into wrasse sand basslets so if there is a good option out there for this tank let me know).

I plan on adding the Fluval PS2 Mini Protein Skimmer to the system and using Red Sea brand salt mix.

Any advice on sticking or set up would be much appreciated

Old 12-30-2019, 07:55 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I mean, your plan sounds solid. When it comes to salt, just buy whatever salt is on sale, especially when not a reef tank. Check out liveaquaria.com, they have great size recommendations for fish.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, fluval, sea, setup, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com