Fluval Sea Supplements, are they safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rluka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!

I was at the LFS this morning, and a guy there gave me 8 brand new bottles of the Fluval Sea marine supplements for free (worth $100) and asked me to use them and give him feed back after a month.
I took them, but I'm a little hesitant to use them on my system, because it is a delicate system, 10 gallon tank with mixed live and dead rocks, sand, 5 small fishes, and about 9 small to moderate corals.
I love my fishes and trying to keep an eye on the water tests almost twice a week and do periodic top ups.
Do you think it would be a good idea to try those supplements?

Thanks
Rand

If you are doing PWC`s that often you do not need them. PWC`s will give you all the supplementation you need with the exception maybe of calcium. You need to be able to test for the supplements first though.

If you are doing PWC`s that often you do not need them. PWC`s will give you all the supplementation you need with the exception maybe of calcium. You need to be able to test for the supplements first though.

Thank you!
I do not prefer to do PWC, since it is very small I'm not quite sure how a newly mixed salt water will affect the system. The ammonia level is always zero, the alkalinity is a bit low PH at around 7.7, the Nitrites is a little high at around 1.6.
So I was thinking of starting with the calcium and alkalinity, because I can test them.
what supplement you think can correct the nitrite levels?

Many thanks again

Water changes are a necessity unfortunately. A water change not only removes bad things but adds all the elements that will keep your alkalinity, ph and calcium in check. In my opinion it is 200% better to do a water change rather than dose a tank.

carey said:
Water changes are a necessity unfortunately. A water change not only removes bad things but adds all the elements that will keep your alkalinity, ph and calcium in check. In my opinion it is 200% better to do a water change rather than dose a tank.

Thank you Carey!
I will take your advice into consideration.

I do agree with Carey. Esp. in a smaller tank PWC`s are needed. IMO they are needed in all aquariums but esp. in a small tank. They do two things 1) They replenish trace elements that are used up in fish and coral processes and 2) They dilute excessive nutrients in the aquarium that at the least cause nuisance algea and at the most can cause a tank to crash.

Back
Top Bottom