Foxface died :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevinalewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Whenever scared he would hide in tank or wrap himself around htr while turning an almost black color. Giving him no more than five mins he would be right back out. He was fed every two- three days with new life spectrum pellets, mysis and brine shrimp and a once weekly algae sheet clipped inside tank. Well last week I came back in house to float a tux urchin in tank before starting water acc to him and noticed my foxface was stuck to the side of the powerhead. I turned the powerhead off and he swam away fine. Well this past Friday there he was stuck again but dead :-(. He always did like to swim vert and pic algea off. It's a hydro koralline 750. Was there anything I could have done to prevent it? I just don't want to Lise any future pets I decide to put in. He was in a 55 with two small damsels, several coral frags, and lg number of cuc. Anyone recommend another or a few other good size fish I could put in this tank. Its my first tank and I'll be moving up this holiday. I just need reef safe fish and only a few. I didn't want to go with several small fish

Thanks everyone, by the way water parameters were all under control and not the cause of death :-(

Foxface are herbivores and they don't get much nutrition from the algae so the need to eat more. Not all damsels stay small a friend gave one back to the lfs that was over 4 inches long, a sargent major. It was only a year old so it probably would top out at about 6 inches a beautiful fish but a bully.

Back
Top Bottom