freshwater top off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbymac

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have read about topping off my sw tank with freshwater. my question is what kind of freshwater. can i go to wal-mart and get gallons of water.

I agree with RO/DI water. I guess you are talking Distilled water at Walmart. Better than tap but you can get an RO/DI unit for about 100 dollars on ebay.

i started w/ premix sw from the lfs. i had some left so it has been in a container with circulation and heater.

You really want RO/DI water....Ro will take out stuff like chlorine and such, DI will take out nitrAtes....Plus you really don't know how often they change out their membranes...

Ok so i need to go get me some ro/di water. will it be sitting in the container. i'm a little way away from the lfs so i would buy several gallon at one time.

If you look at the cost of buying water from your LFS vs the cost of getting your own RO/DI unit you will see that it will pay for itself pretty quickly. Look on ebay for RO/DI filters. You can get one for under $100 shipped.

Back
Top Bottom