friendly small blue fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, I've got a 12g marine tank that's 3 months old, I have two turbo snails, a cleaner shrimp, a clown fish and a yellow gobi...... all going well and I'm starting to think about a third fish. The thing is I'd really like a regal tang, but I
just can't do it! I'd feel too guilty that it was too cramped in there, so can anyone suggest a smaller more suitable nice BLUE fish instead?

thanks nick.

Good choice on not doing ANY tang in a 12g tank. Check out the bi-color blenny. Very dark blue, well half of it anyways, but some blue. The other blue choice I can think of - the damsel, isn't a very nice roomate.

i hear the yellow tailed damsels are milded tempered but in a small tank i don't know if they would be a fish to go in.

what do you guys think about Cherub Angelfish?

i think any angel would be too small for a 12G, especially with two other fish already in there.

and if you plan a reef later on the angel may eat your coral

you guys mentioned damsels but didnt see a mention of a blue/green chromis(technically a damsel but whatever) I have one and underthe light its avery nice light blue, friendly as well

so I went for another common clown in the end to go with my other one, they seemed to pal up nicely, no contact just swimming around each other etc.
next morning they were both swimming together, even though still dark outside and the lamp was off.
my single clown always rested over night and was like a lazy teenager if you put the light on to early for him.
so I come back from work, new guy is fine, or

Back
Top Bottom