Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

conz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi im fairly new to salt water tanks and i recently bought a frogspawn and it isnt doing so well. In the picture i have posted you can clearly see it is not opend up all of the way. Where do you think would be the best spot in my tank to place it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422044188.062489.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

hard to tell it all depends on lighting flow things like that , mine seem to do well towards the bottom but my lighting is also kind of strong along with my flow levels
no 2 tanks are alike so it just needs to be moved around till you find that sweet spot

What are your current parameters? It might not be in a bad spot, but not liking something about your water quality. What lighting are you using? What size tank is this?

I believe i have 4 24inch T5HO lights and it is a 34 gallon solana. Thank you for the replys!

A tang isn't going to do very well in a 34 gallon tank for very long, but were you able to test your water? I would check the basics (ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, and alkalinity) for starters.

I plan on giving him away to a friend with a much much larger tank once he grows. Nitrates 80, nitrites 0,ph 7.5, carbonates 80.

The low ph and the super high nitrates are what's making it unhappy. I would be doing some water changes to lower nitrate and increase water movement at the surface to raise ph.

with any coral you want to keep your nitrates as close to zero as you can
I didn't even notice the poor tang
how the nitrates that high aren't effecting the fish is surprising
you defiantly need to do a bunch of large water changes to get those levels back into the safe zone
if your frog spawn is left in those levels I wouldn't be surprised if it started to recede it's flesh or even blow it's heads off
do you only have the 1 power head if so I would invest in a second as soon as you can
good luck as you have some work ahead of you
weekly water-changes along with maintenance could have prevented this problem
salt water needs attention almost always

Back
Top Bottom