FRUSTRATEEdDDddDD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocindustries

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
FRUSTRATED and need some help. please

:evil: Okay.
I have a
40 Gallon JEBO (built in filter)
1 Protien skimmer (not even sure if its good SEA CLONE 100 I believe)
Some live rock - couple starter damsel fish - and a good amount of flower pots and live coral and anenomies

Ive had the tank for a little more than a month. Levels are about right, although 2 clown fish already died, i found out my salt and ph were off a bit. Clowns were breathing very fast, got pale and died.

I fixed that problem. Now some of my flower pots, they arent as big as they were and not all of the arms (not sure about correct term) are coming out, and the ones that do arent going out as far. What is wrong?

I am thinking about putting a smaller 10 gallon tank and hooking up a seperate filter system underneather my aquarium. Any advice on what to do ? What to feed coral, etc etc etc..

I am a newbie please help. Also, my lighting sucks. I have 2 white and 2 blues in right now, the neon is not showing up as well as it did in the store, not nearly as well. When I turn the white off, it looks awesome. But i need the white on as well right? please help me. (55 watts by the way)

my tank is pissing me off...!! its fairly new... I always seem to have to be doing something else since something new is wrong. My lighting sucks. my coral all looked good, now they arent coming out as much as they use to, ahhhhh.. I dont know what I am doingwrong?

Sand? Powerheads? Lighting? Food, chemicals??? Temp? ? please help1!

i don't think you could have been any more generalized about things than you are with this post.

we could use some water paramaters, lighting info, equipment info, what temperature do you run it at, what's your feeding schedule, how long was it set up, what exactly is the problem, etc. give as much info as you can, and then you'll get some help.

First...

lmkbubblfsh.gif

to AquariumAdvice.com!!!

Second tells us more about your tank.
1) size
2) filtration
3) lighting
4) water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, ph, nitrate, calcium, alkalinity, salinity or specific gravity and temp)
5) livestock
6) auxillary equipment

We will surly try to help, but we need more info ;)

Clowns were breathing very fast, got pale and died.

Sounds like parasitic infestation, possibly brroklynella ir amyloodinium.

Now some of my flower pots, they arent as big as they were and not all of the arms (not sure about correct term) are coming out, and the ones that do arent going out as far. What is wrong?

They are gonipora, they have an abyssmal survival rate in the aquarium and yours appear to be taking the common route of decline. Could be other issues, please answer the questions above specifically as possible, on parameters give numbers.

Second tells us more about your tank.
1) size 40 gal - 30Lx20Hx14.5W 50 inch total including stand
2) filtration - built in filter right now 450l/H standard
3) lighting 2 55 watt 1 blue 1 white
4) water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, ph, nitrate, calcium, alkalinity, salinity or specific gravity and temp) temp - 78deg - ammonia is a bit high 0-.25 slinity is good, allt he other stuff looks good
5) livestock some anenomies, 1 damsel, 1 rock algea eating fish that looks like a grandpa , lol, a starfish with 5 points on hima nd looks like he has flames bright colored, and hard and soft coral, 50 lbs approx of live rock, 40 lbs of LS,
6) auxillary equipment - seaclone 100 dont think its good, not hooked up yet, i want to use a sump, any sugg? im getting a new lighting system that is off of the tank, 30 inch Moonlight system. any suggestions? how to make the sump? the tank is only 1 month old. i need more LR too, its only half full. more current? etc?

The problem is probably that the tank is only one month and you have all of that stuff in it. Everthing in SW aquaria must be taken in slow steps. You shouldn't have any ammonia in the tank. How did you cycle it? What are your other perameters? Are you useing ro/di water?

Anemones need very good lights and high quality, stable water perameters.
You may want to take them back to the LFS until your tank is a bit older.

I would definetly hook up the Seaclone... it may not be the best skimmer, but it will definetly help.

Reverse osmosis (RI) and deionized (DI). We use RO/DI water in our tanks, have had much better success with water quality. If you're using TW (tap water), it's hard to say what is in it, but generally in most cases, it's bad. We used to go to a water place and purchase their water and after testing theirs, (RO only), found out that we wanted to make our own RO/DI. Now our water is perfect. Didn't read your first post (the blue is awful!!) but hope you have luck in finding the solution to your problems!!

Stacy

RO = reverse osmosis
DI = deionized
When commonly used acronyms in posts are highlighted you can put your cursor over them and you will see a definition of the acronym

check this out:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/acronym.php

but if that doesn't answer your question, reverse osmosis water is water filtered using a reverse osmosis process. Deionizing the water takes it a step further, removing nearly all the dissolved particle, including phosphates. You can get a filter setup that does this for about $135 shipped on ebay.

It seems like you have a lot in your tank considering it's only a month old.

Take it slow!!!

Jim

Back
Top Bottom