Funniest Thing You've Ever Seen...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thorn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a story...

I used to keep domino's. So cute... so lively... so good at cycling a tank. Started off with 3... went down to 2. At this point, one turns female and grows to DOUS (Domino Of Unusual Size). This "fiesty" female tore all the fins off the male and just kept on pounding till the male was dead. So, with no idea how to tame this DOUS, back to the LFS she goes... and being that she is DOUS, into the largest agressive tank she goes.

One day, while I'm walking by the tank... she (now horribly outnumbered by even bigger, meaner fish) is swimming, not in the water but on TOP of the water! Full body out, tail going, and looking like a mad dotted motorboat. Around and around and around the tank.

I nearly pee'd myself when I saw it, I was laughing so hard.

Basicly I think it comes down to it that most of us dont get pleasure out of seeing fish in an unhealthy enviorment.

My CB shrimp trying to intimidate a equally large sally lightfoot crab by dancing back force like a drunk bellydancer. The sally was obviously unimpressed and didn't contact his record label.

The same CB with a piece of dried fish food stuck to one of his antenna and running around the tank trying to pull it off like a donkey chasing a carrot on a string.

My maroon clown 'rocky' that on occasion will swim up to jawfish burrows, and then stir up a great deal of sand with his tail fin in typical clownfish fashion hence making a mess of the burrow and it's frustrated resident. I swear I can hear Rocky laughing. Same technique works for 'Hermit crab bowling', but Rocky has seemed to lost interest in those.

My Cherub angel named 'Zoom' because of his habit of racing around and around his 55gallon much to the entertainment of Rocky. The clownfish will often sit in ambush and jump out at Zoom timing his swim by's with near spooky precision causing Zoom to make a detour around that particular rock after a time. Of course Rocky then moves to another rock or crevice and starts the process over. I made the mistake of feeding him a few times to get him to stop, and now he starts this every time he wants food.

My bi-color blenny that will chase it's tail.

A triggerfish and a laser pointer.

A trigger fish with a laser pointer? It sounds like there is some fun here I am missing out on, please elaborate further.
I love messing with my cats with one. unfortunately, at one point, the only laser I had was on the bottom of my pistol, and after due diligence (Making sure the weapon was unloaded, no magazine and the action open and locked) I proceeded to move the laser around the living/dining room much to the cats entertainment. However my neighbor who was coming over for a beer chose that moment to walk up unnoticed to the sliding glass door. Needless to say, he was incredibly surprised at both me apparently trying to shoot my cats, and their ability to keep running ahead of my aim :p I wish I had the look on his face videotaped.. Truly priceless
Zero

OH MAN you guys gotta keep this post sticky.....its AWSOME! (something that leaves you in awe and wonder...according to Bill Engval) The cat was greatest...of course I used to scare the crap (litterly) out of my parents cat when I was younger. Man that cat started to really dislike me :lol: That "fish boat" must have been hilarious! (yes I'm a bit warped but the doctor says I'm all better now...or did I just stop listening to him??? I don't remember...oh well.... here kitty kitty kitty :jump:

Back
Top Bottom