Future 180 Gallon Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, the algae problem I had has almost completely gone away. I'm not too sure if its because of all the water changes I've been doing or because of the Vodka dosing.

Do any of you who dose Vodka run GFO also? I'm still running GFO in a Dual reactor and am thinking of just running Carbon on both of the reactors. Not sure.

No GFO. Just vodka for me. My algae problems are not problems any more. Just a few small spots on the glass in the DT, and the rest is either in the overflows or the sumps, which is where I like it.

Does anyone use or can recommend a reliable automatic feeder?

I need one that won't fail for atleast one month.

If I used the neighbor my fish would disappear along with my sofa, my T.V's and all my electronics. I think my car would also be gone.

Rich42082 said:
If I used the neighbor my fish would disappear along with my sofa, my T.V's and all my electronics. I think my car would also be gone.

Hahahaha i have one of those neighbors too

Some updated pictures. Any suggestions on a good clean up crew? I've got 10 peppermint shrimp that are not touching my Aiptasia, about 3 Emerald Crabs and a couple turbo's. What would you put in a 180?

image-415967249.jpg

image-3051151532.jpg

image-2175710165.jpg

It looks pretty clean to me already. Is it cloudy? Maybe run some carbon. Kill the aptasia with kalkwasser paste in a syringe (less the tip) or joes juice/aptasia-x.

Yeah it's cloudy because of my clown fish. I placed some tiles down in the middle of the tank where they shake up the sand. The tiles help but they still manage to make a mess every now and then.

Help!!!

My maroon clownfish laid eggs. Now what? Am I supposed to do anything or just let them be?

Just let them be. You can't do anything about them in a community tank. You can try and collect them and rear them in a separate tank, but that takes some doing....and to what end?

How do you grow your Chaeto?

I have Chaeto and it grows really good but it isn't that dark green color I have seen at the stores.

Is it because I'm not trimming some off enough?

image-30017387.jpg

Im nott in the glass versus acrylic war but i can give my observations.

1. Acrylic does scratch easier than glass - keep your scrubber clean and keep your rock away from the sides.
2. Arcylic is clearer than glass but creates a magnification effect that can be confusing to your eyes
3. Its a lot easier to cut new holes into if needed

1. Glass can be thinner thus lighter than acrylic
2. Glass ismeasiermtomclean and harder to scratch

I've had both and I like both and hvae no preference

To me it is all above size times price

Actually, acrylic tanks are much lighter than similar size glass tanks.

Very true, especially as they get larger. it took four of us to lift my 240g glass and I bet an acrylic tank the same size could be lifted by one person.

Back
Top Bottom