Garlic Guard, Formula One and Formula Two Questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all-

My old Coral Beauty was a good eater. She met her unfortunate demise with a power head a month or so ago. We got a new Coral Beauty and we've had her for about 10 days and have not seen her eat a thing. We feed mysis, brine and flakes alternating one each day.

I ordered Garlic Guard, Formula One and Formula Two and they just came in today. Questions on how to use:

I have frozen brine and mysis. Normally I get a little water out of the tank and throw a small chunk of the frozen food in to defrost. Drain off the excess water and put it in the tank. Now with Garlic Guard, do I defrost it in the garlic guard instead of tank water?

With the Formula One and Two.. add a little of each on flake night? Or do Formula One one night and Formula two the next? How do you do it?

Thanks~
D

I alternate food types at each feeding. I would not suggest garlic all the time, once/twice a week is fine. Add your tank water to thaw the food, drain, add a little more tank water and 2-3 drops of the garlic guard. Mush it all together and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Wouldn't hurt to add a little Selcon or similar if you have it.

Just before you feed, add a drop of garlic into the tank preferabley by a powerhead. This will attract the fish and generate some interest before you actually add the food. Try not to use too much as it will confuse the fish senses and actually make it harder to find the food.

If your order has not already shipped, I would add the <<Angel Formula>> if available which has more natural food sources designed for angel species. The other two are still good choices.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom