Getting back in - 40 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you mean get the sump in there? Does it not fit through the door on the stand? Might have to do some redneck engineering to make a new door or something.
In terms of the bulkheads being too big, why are they too big? Do you already have PVC purchased? It might be that I haven't finished my morning coffee as to not grasping this one.

The sump is a perfect fit inside the stand, but getting it inside was an issue. We simply removed the top brace of the stand, put the tank inside and then replaced the brace.
And the bulkheads were too big because I asked for 1 inch and they gave me 1&3/4 which I didnt realize until I got home and looked at my drill bit size. The bulkheads were definitely not fitting through that hole! I will purchase the pvc later today and try agian tonight to drill these holes.

Not tank related but I finally convinced my husband (he is a mechanic) that he needed to look at my truck because it was making a clunk noise when I turn for ohh about the last month and a half. Turns out the tirod ends are so bad that he wouldnt even let me drive home :banghead: good thing I have been driving it 150+ miles every other weekend and also to work and back during the week. Truck parts are now cutting into my tank money! Ohwell, big trucks=big money.

Here is mu sump inside the stand, not set up, just trying to make it fit.

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2112.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 58
You know how to drill it right? With a diamond bit and running water and everything? I may just be super late but I'd hate to see the tank cracked

You know how to drill it right? With a diamond bit and running water and everything? I may just be super late but I'd hate to see the tank cracked

Yes! Lol thank you. I wastched a ton of youtube videos first so I would have some idea what we were doing. My husband said that the drill we were using was bent so the bit wouldnt go straight into the glass. We will be using a differnet drill tonight that will hopefully work better.

Don't feel so bad. Most people can't eyeball pvc and bulkhead size. I'm always thrown off.
I hear you on the car too. Put mine into a ditch and popped right out. Blew out the O2 sensor. It happens.

Started plumbing tonight, made the mistake of gluing pipes together and then trying to attach to the tank. Wont work with the middle one because it screws on. Back to the hardware tomorrow to buy replacement pieces and hopefully will be able to finish tomorrow night. IMG_1480381739.498903.jpg

Update: just ordered the overflow box. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

Thanks! Do you know anything about the airline tube that is supposed to stick out of one of the three pipes though? Do I just drill a hole and stick the tube in there?

Overflow box has been in pre-shipment for 2 days now, ugh!

IMG_1480723837.811606.jpg

A WEEK to get from PA to MI?!? Apparently when the website says "orders ship same day" they really mean "we will create the shipping label the day after order is placed and then let it sit around and 2 days later take it to the post office"

Vent over...sorry. Apparently waiting till Tuesday to get this tank wet, actually Wednesday since the mail doesn't come until after i go to work.

Would I just not turn on the pump then? Will it cycle with just some powerheads running?

Yes it will cycle with just some powerheads if that's what you wanna do.

Back
Top Bottom