Getting back into it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rthoman

Aquarium Advice Activist
In a month or so the new home will be ready and I have already started planning on setting up a new reef.

Here is a link to some pics of my old 55g.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112873724184530361876/albums/5857079255743784353

I have really been considering the Red Sea Max 250 to get started with. I know its a bit on the high $$$ side but I really like the look of the set up. The plan would be to add a sump (possibly a lifereef) down the road but use the stock filtration to start.

I have not ruled out a DYI system just trying to keep it simple for now.

In a month or so the new home will be ready and I have already started planning on setting up a new reef.

Here is a link to some pics of my old 55g.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112873724184530361876/albums/5857079255743784353

I have really been considering the Red Sea Max 250 to get started with. I know its a bit on the high $$$ side but I really like the look of the set up. The plan would be to add a sump (possibly a lifereef) down the road but use the stock filtration to start.

I have not ruled out a DYI system just trying to keep it simple for now.

I dont see the point in buying this system if you want to put a sump in it...kind makes all the stuff pointless. to me I would never get this system because I dont know what the skimmer quality is and t5ho lighting is now "Old school" other then that its sleek and modern. it looks good. I just dont see the point in spending that much when you can build a better system for the same price.

I am definitely considering other options then the RSM 250 I just like the appeal of buying one thing and being able to get started.

I live close to thatfishplace so I do have plenty of options.

Probably wont go bigger then a 100g for now.

Back
Top Bottom