Getting ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what are the dimensions of a 55 tall? the only 55 gallon i know of is the one that's 12" from front to back. this tank is not good for a reef. the footprint is terrible and will be a pain trying to aquascape. you'll end up with hardly any sand bed space. that's something you are most likely going to want for certain LPS corals.
you are better off with a 40 breeder, or even a 50 breeder.

How would you reach the bottom to even try to place rock? I'd have to almost climb in it. Mr. X is right, lighting would be a nightmare.

are you sure its not 30H x 18W x 57L a 5' tall tank is very strange.... also that is 133 gallons from those measurements, not 55.

oh its including the stand height. its actually ~28" high. it should be fine in my opinion. the deeper tank means you may need some more intense lighting but seems like it will work.

yetee said:
oh its including the stand height. its actually ~28" high. it should be fine in my opinion. the deeper tank means you may need some more intense lighting but seems like it will work.

Ohh odd, I saw the stand dimensions below it so just thought the tank was almost as tall as me haha

28" high sounds much better.... Unless you needed an abyss because you were going to try to raise some of those scary looking deepwater fish that would eat you. Lol.

Maya said:
28" high sounds much better.... Unless you needed an abyss because you were going to try to raise some of those scary looking deepwater fish that would eat you. Lol.

Lol that would be awesome but nope..

actually a 5' reef tank that was long and deep could be an interesting reef tank. if you did a suspended reef up top and left the bottom open for more interesting fish that dont do well with lots of rocks. I.E. small rays or sharks..... would be expensive.... but interesting.....

Back
Top Bottom