Getting my First Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank - Actually I really liked the damsels and had several on my "list" until I was warned about the aggression. The electric blue, yellow tail, black and white are really lovely specimens. If the other fish are the same size or smaller there may be less trouble.
Your aquascaping is cool! How did you attach the rocks together so that you have an arch? I still have room for some live rock, too and would like to consider a bit of an arch - great swim through!

Well my Live rock are just held up by the other 2 rock's nothing special I had enough rock to actually form it....lol... But not really a swim through just more of mounting the rocks more closer to the glass so the fish aren't always hiding in the back? Just something I read here in the forum.... But my aquascaping might change from time to time when i get more LR just for know I like the way it is......:)

Just an update my clowns are doing great as well as my damsel.... They are getting along great even thou i bought them a day apart.... one is an Ocellaris Clown and the other is a False Perc.... :)

Congrats Frankie. Just a note though, the ocellaris and false perc are the same fish. ;)

Oh I forgot they do look a little different one has a more brighter orange color to him and the other has lighter orange color will his color enhance just like the other?

Hey Frankie,
I saw some great pieces of LR at the store today. They are very purple with some red. There was even some coral attached - mushroom and something that looks like sea squirts. So I have re-scaped my tank a bit (inspired by your photos). I got a pleasant surprise when I found three tiny sea stars had also come along. The LR was from a 6 year old tank so I should not have any problems with it fouling the water. I am going to test the water tomorrow and if nitrites and ammonia are still zero will do PWC and then bring the 2 true percula home on Wednesday. Here's hopin'!

Hey Frankie,
I saw some great pieces of LR at the store today. They are very purple with some red. There was even some coral attached - mushroom and something that looks like sea squirts. So I have re-scaped my tank a bit (inspired by your photos). I got a pleasant surprise when I found three tiny sea stars had also come along. The LR was from a 6 year old tank so I should not have any problems with it fouling the water. I am going to test the water tomorrow and if nitrites and ammonia are still zero will do PWC and then bring the 2 true percula home on Wednesday. Here's hopin'!

That's awesome well I am glad I have inspired someone here on this site it feels good knowing I have helped someone.... Well let me know how your progress is going we are still new at this so it could be a learning experience....:)

Back
Top Bottom