Getting Restarted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm thinking of revamping my 120 reef tank. The tank is not drilled, but will be by the end of this revamp.
Currently I have a sump and the plumbing is a 1" flexible drain hose to a Trigger Systems Ruby 36 Elite. Return pump is a Sicce 5 with 3/4" PVC.
I am upgrading the pump to a Jebao DC12000.
Looking for a flow of about 1500 GPH. What size plumbing should I run. I currently have a single return line that I intend on converting to a dual return placed on either side of the tank. Currently it is only on the left side.
Any suggestions as to drain size and return size?
Thanks!!
(y)

Don't do it!!

These are factory excess pumps that have been sold under speedwave and diablo names. The original was waveland and had a serious flaw. The quite after a short while. I had one and had to return it when it quite. I wrote an article that got moved to the equipment section in general. I'll see if I can post a link.

DONT DO IT.

Hello,
If your tank isn't drilled don't do it !!! Save your money! SELL the sump! Crazy you say...No Sir! (2) Marineland 350 or 400 filters $100.00 and a AquaC Remora Skimmer with dran and overflow pre-skim box $300.00 and you are good to go.Easy maintenance!!!!

Back
Top Bottom