Getting started fragging

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I'm considering doing some fragging and I want to make it as easy as possible. I was thinking about starting with some zoos. My idea is to get some growing on a perfectly smooth surface like a piece of thin hard plastic similar to a cutting board. And just using a razor to cut them and scrape them off the plastic. I would then glue them to a frag plug or rubble. I can fasten the plastic to a frag shelf. Any problems you see with this?

I'm also gonna start fraggin very soon so I'm following.....

I figured on trying to gently pop some polyps off their current home rock and then gluing them each to frag plugs. I gure about 5-8 polypls per plug. I had a zooa actually fall off a frag plug and start floating around the tank. lol I got him with tweezers and then put a small dot of gel glue on the original plug and glued him right on. He was open and normal the very next day.

I lost a small mushroom when I was cleaning my tank and it went through my powerhead to be shredded. 2 weeks later I found a couple of baby mushrooms growing on the life rock. Maybe try that? ;)

Just so you know zoas and palys carry a very power toxin, it can be deadly. Look up palytoxin before you frag. And always wear gloves, and wash your hands!

Back
Top Bottom