Getting started :) need advice :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendans72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone , I recently bought a 120litre tank to set up for a reef tank , I'm just in need if some advise on filtration ? And lighting ? I'm in Sydney Australia btw :) thanks guys and gals ?

Live rock will act as your main filter, with the right temp and flow. You will need one or two power heads for that and you can also use a hob filter or a protein skimmer. With a tank as small as yours some will say the skimmer is not necessary but I always think they are a good thing. What does the tank come with? Any lighting or any equipment at all? What is your ultimate plan for this tank?

Hey thank you :) tank came just as the tank ! Nothing else ! Planning on buying a hob filter , and maybe customising it ? And has no lighting ?

We'll I want it to be a mini reef :) and if I decide on a protein skimmer ! I found a small reef octopus nano skimmer fur cheap , even though it's 40litre undersized for my tank do you think it would aid the tank? Everything else I found is to big and way more expensive

Back
Top Bottom